Monday, February 2, 2015

Smoothies

I love smoothies, I mean really really love them. In my mind they are better than ice cream, chocolate, and candy combine!! If I were wealthy with money to spend on whateverpSo I have decided to write a few posts with pictures and recipes of my families favorites!! 

Before we begin I would like to state that you can make different things with the same ingredients, depending on the state  the ingredients. To make a smoothie, the largest part of what you place in your blender needs to be frozen. I have made the mistake of using fresh fruit and found that it is warm and gummy. 

Creamy smoothies need a creamy base, such as yogurt, milk, almond milk, or ice cream. Each has its own flavor, and you can use a combination to make your smoothie different. 

If you are wanting something without dairy, you can use any kind of juice you would like. I have used OJ quite often, but I have also used grapefruit, pomegranate, grape, and cherry!!

If you want a think frozen yogurt kind of smoothie, use 1 1/2-2 cups yogurt. If you want something you could drink through a straw use one cup yogurt and one cup milk.  

For the non-dairy thickening add ice, or more frozen fruit! If you go the ice route remember to drink quickly as your smoothie will become watered down :) 
This one is a strawberry, kiwi, banana smoothies.  
To make this add 2-2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, 2ripe kiwis, 1 banana, 1 cup milk, 1 cup yogurt, 1-2 TBS honey, splash of lemon, and 1 TBS chia seeds (optional)

Blend and enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment